Welcome to Pulse! This is your guide to install it on a Mac OS. We’ll be taking you through the installation step by step to make it as easy as possible.
For questions about what Pulse is/how it works please see our FAQ here.
After confirming the email address that you have on your YouGov account within the survey you'll receive an email titled "Your YouGov Pulse Installation Link" this will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. In this email you will find your installation link. The link will be unique to you and your future Pulse app.
If you can't find this email you can go back to the survey where you will see "Please install the YouGov Pulse App using this install URL on all your devices."
Now that you know where to find your link let's begin the step by step guide!
1. Click on "Install link" in the email or "install URL" in the survey to start downloading the software. The download should appear at the bottom of your browser. Click the small arrow for options and either select "Open" or "Run" (depending on your browser, this might look slightly different).
2. Once the application has downloaded, you will see the following screen. You will need to drag the YG Pulse icon into your Applications folder.
Now, open the Application folder and find YouGov Pulse. Please click the icon to open the application and move on to the next step.
Click “Open” when presented with the following message
3. Enter the email address you provided earlier in the invitation survey and click “Register”.
5. You will now have to add the browser extension to your preferred browser. You will be able to install this extension on Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Please move to step 6 for Firefox and step 7 if Chrome is your preferred browser. Please click Open Preferences.
You will now see the below screen showing you information about the browser extension.
Please tick the box as shown below to enable the extension. Once you have done you can click Next in the installation steps and move to step 8 in this guide.
6. Now we will be installing the Firefox extension. Please click Next to open Firefox at the installation page (if you only wish to use Chrome please click Next two times and skip to step 6 in this guide). Please move to step 8 if you only wish to use the Safari extension.
Now, this should have automatically opened Firefox browser extension.
Click on "Continue to Installation". It will install quickly and then a new bubble will come up asking "Add YouGov Pulse?". Select "Add".
Once you've done that you get a notification bubble in the right corner saying "YouGov Pulse has been added to Firefox". Hit "Okay, Got It" and you're all set with your Firefox extension. Once it is installed and enabled, you will see the YouGov Pulse icon to the right of the URL bar. You can now move on to step 8.
7. We'll start by installing the Chrome extension (if you only wish to use Firefox or Safari please continue to step 7). Please click Next to open Chrome at the installation page.
Now you should be in the Chrome web store. It should look like this:
Click on "Add to Chrome" and you should get another pop-up asking for your consent.
Click on "Add extension". Once you've done that you get a notification bubble in the corner saying "YouGov Pulse has been added to Chrome".
8. Congratulations! You’ve finished the installation of YouGov Pulse. All you need to do now is leave the application running in the background as well as leaving the extension enabled and you will start earning points.
Article is closed for comments.